Learn about new features in this release of the software. For technical details, see the release notes.
- Fixed an issue where DotNetRoots.DatabaseAccess.ResetCache was functioning incorrectly and failed to open tables after using ResetCache.
- Fixed an issue where the “Start number for new entries” default value was incorrectly used in the GTCmapping database.
- Fixed an issue with setting different date formats in Advance Steel drawings, object properties and project data dialogs.
- Added an error message during Advance Steel startup for the case when the database patching process would not complete successfully.
- Fixed a behavior inconsistency for setting and applying the default section set in Management Tools, within different working models.
- Fixed the dialog boxes for Ayrshire joints on 4K monitors with a scale greater than 150%.
- Fixed an issue where the properties dialog of some joints was oversized, depending on the screen resolution and size.
- Changed the 3D wireframe visual representation for the German model template to display hidden lines during Orbit.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when using the Zoom View to UCS command while in Realistic shade mode, on a particularly heavy project.
- Added a new snapping point to Monowills base plates to allow the proper dimensioning on the post relative location to the base plate for sloped situations.
- Fixed an issue within spacer plates connection regarding holes multiplication and NC errors caused by modifications in the connection configuration.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when accessing the library of the Mezzanine Floor joint.
- Improved accuracy of surface area calculations for pipes with circular user sections and pipes with user sections containing arcs.
- Fixed an issue regarding 2DWireframe object visualization when changing the prototype from Document Manager.
- Fixed an issue with special parts being inserted at an incorrect scale in some situations where in the same model there are used both metric and imperial special part source files.
- Fixed an incorrect spelling for the command line prompts that appear when using the Mark objects command.
- Fixed an issue with incorrect sorting of material names for folded beams.
- Fixed an issue where special parts created by joints were oriented incorrectly when the UCS was rotated.
- Fixed an issue where the posts of type side offset created by the Monowills or the Monowills panelized joints were placed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the Bolt Cage Tie Bars did not work properly when using only 2 bolts.
- Fixed an issue where a type of hole was incorrectly turned into bolts when using the "Change into bolts" command.
- Fixed an issue where the holes on polybeams changed position when the Lengthen command was used.
- Fixed an issue where the commands from the menu that appeared on the grip point selection right click were not working.
- Fixed an issue where the orientation of the plane created using the UCS at curved beam command had a slight deviation from the circle on which the circular beam was created.
- Modified the behavior of the command that creates a beam from a polyline so that polylines that consist of only one segment - line or arc, are transformed into straight or curved beams.
- Fixed an issue where the model was incorrectly saved in the 2D Wireframe visual style of the multi-user workflow.
- Fixed an issue with graphics inconsistencies encountered during checking-out elements and reloading the main model in the multi-user workflow.
- Fixed an issue where the option "used for numbering" was inactive in the properties dialog of the anchors created by joints.
- Fixed an issue where the user attribute set by a joint was not visible in the properties dialog of a beam created by the respective joint.
- Fixed an issue with the Platform Plate steel connection, where the bolts were not placed at the correct position when the secondary beam was a channel.
- Improved the behavior of plates with features in models at large coordinates by processing them in a local coordinate system.
- Fixed an issue where the weld preparation feature did not cut the plate contour in a specific case.
- Fixed an issue where a bevel cut placed on the rounded corner of a skewed rectangular hollow section beam would cut the beam incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where the straight cut option of a shortening on a plate was incorrectly modeled when the respective plate was mirrored.
- Fixed an issue where the model role of compound beam component elements was lost when the beam length was modified.
- Fixed an issue where the Handrail connection stopped working when the distance between the top rail and the middle rail exceeded the specific value of 18 inches.
- Improved the connections rules to fix an issue where the ANZ Bridging connection was placed incorrectly.
- Added the possibility to edit non-geometric properties of cameras and model views at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where the radius was not set for circular contour features.
- Fixed an issue where an error message was displayed when the UCS was placed at the end node of a curved beam.
- Fixed an issue where the value for plate width was shown as 0 after using the command "Use default" that appears on right-click, in the properties dialog when the element is created.
- Fixed the appearance of the positioning rotation setting in the beam properties, when changing the rotation angle by clicking an option or by typing an angle value.
- Fixed an issue where the model role of the compound beam was automatically transferred to the component elements of the beam when using the "separate beams" setting.
- Fixed an issue with the misplacement of Non-continuous purlin-Cleat from angle connection on steel elements with previously applied shortenings.
- Added the possibility in the Model Check to identify faulty folded plates that may cause model errors, so that the errors can be corrected.
- Fixed an issue where the ANZ Bridging connection only punched one hole instead of two in the adjacent purlins.
- Fixed the behavior of editing properties of multiple bolt patterns that have different values for the bolt length and grip length parameters so that they keep the original values if these are not changed intentionally during properties multiple editing. A better user experience was accommodated by displaying empty fields if that parameter had different values, in case of multi-selections of bolts.
- Fixed an issue where the program stopped working when Model Check was performed on a specific model.
- Fixed an issue where the program stopped working when selecting an empty line from the Wall Rail joint library.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when choosing a beam section within the Search Filter dialog and clicking outside the window, without finalizing the selection.
- Added a new snapping point to Monowills base plates to allow the proper dimensioning on the post relative location to the base plate for sloped situations.
- Added weights to the closure bends, posts and fittings created by the Monowills and Monowills panelized connections.
- Corrected several Metalcraft part parameters from the Australian Purlin connection.
- Fixed an issue with creating joints in a joint group in models with special parts.
- Improved the post alignment on sloped beams for the Monowills connection with non-angle mounted post being able to be placed perpendicular to the sloped beams.
- Solved an issue where the leveling plate created by the Embedded plate seat joint would collide with the base plate when the plate layout is set to "total".
- A new command is available to manually deregister all documentation files that are not present on the disk, in the project relative path location.
- The automatic deregistration of project deliverables that are no longer available on the disk was reactivated when opening Document Manager or running Status Check, and it can be disabled on demand via a new default found in Management Tools.
- Added a new warning message to the "Check status" button in Document Manager to notify when changes done in the model needs a re-run of Status Check to ensure that drawing update status is correctly displayed.
- Fixed an issue where manual dimensions could not be added to all valid snap points, or had the value incorrectly replaced by the "nan" text.
- Fixed an issue with missing quantities for compound beams in BOM Assembly lists.
- Fixed an issue with duplicated entries in the generated Point to point bolt list.
- Fixed an issue where the Background option for the Fill color setting was not working for dimensions and labels.
- Fixed an issue where objects from an Xref were shown with an incorrect representation in limited view detail drawings that did not contain the WCS origin.
- Added the ability to use Search Queries for selecting objects used by the cameras to detail using a selection set.
- Fixed an issue where deleting a joint box from a camera selection did not trigger update required for the camera detail.
- Fixed an issue related to the Plant 3D ortho views in drawings with Advance Steel elements.
- Improved the automatic dimension placement mechanism on grids to ignore the GridExtentsion default during creation.
- Fixed an issue where a dimension style was applied differently in details obtained from identical models.
- Fixed an issue where the system line of a curved beam was drawn as a full circle in a detail.
- Fixed an issue where manual arc dimensions disappeared during update on a specific detail.
- Added the possibility to resize the XY viewport of a camera using grips.
- Enabled the multi-editing for non-geometrical camera properties such as camera type, description, and detail style overrides.
- Fixed an issue where the revision delta triangle was placed incorrectly and could not be moved.
- Fixed an issue where the orientation of the view was incorrect after using the Quick View command.
- Solved an issue where copied cameras would create empty drawings because the option Select objects for camera detailing was always activated during the copy operation.
- Fixed an issue where the cut values were inconsistent with the pictures in a BOM created for a T section profile.
- Fixed an issue where the default scale of a manual cut view was not the scale of the host view.
- Fixed an issue where the Round Off setting in the dimension style dialog was not taken into account for radial dimensions.
- Fixed the creation of the first manual cut in an unfolded detail for a folded plate so that it shows the plate using its standard representation instead of an incomplete unfolded representation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the manual dimension point snaps to be displayed inconsistently on the same object if it was copied to another drawing.
- Fixed an issue where manual dimension points were added or deleted after detail update, on specific details.
- Solved an issue where using the graphic of the leader line did not connect correctly to a label that was configured with a round frame.
- Fixed an issue related to the evaluation of the "Depth Position" token in labels for overlapped holes in single part details.
- Fixed an inconsistency in BOM lists caused by pre-defined remark definition.
- Fixed an issue with the character number limitation for the name of detail cut views.
- Fixed the font assignment for multi-row labels created in details.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when using BOM templates in unsaved drawing.
- Fixed the way the page settings - prototype, close page, drawing name, from the filename selector are refreshed when moving from a filename selector entry to another for drawing processes.
- Fixed an issue related to an unnecessary Detail Style Manager drawing style modification confirmation pop-up dialog when navigating out from the View Properties tab.
- Fixed an issue where an error message was not describing the situation correctly; Changed the error message from "in the Level of the main part" to "in the assembly prefix".
- Fixed an issue with the Pos_Num token that was not showing in the page header for detailed dummy assemblies.
- Fixed an issue where arc dimensions were missing the oblique lines at the dimension points in a specific detail.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mapping set in the detail title within Drawing Style Manager, to not work until the detail was updated.
- Fixed an issue that caused wrong saw cuts in BOM templates.
- Fixed a potential crash in the Document Manager found based on latest CER reports.
- Fixed an arrow alignment issue for weld symbols that occurred when moving the symbol grips when the arrow type was set to something other than "Closed filled".
- Fixed an issue related with missing compounds from BOM lists available in the German, US, and Australian installations.
- Fixed an issue with duplicated entries in the generated Point to point bolt list.
- Fixed an issue causing lack of quantities for compound beams in BOM Assembly lists.
- New overview drawing styles are available for the German installation.
- BOM configuration improvements and new lists are available for the German installation.
- Winscon NC were removed from appearing in Document Manager when the automatic deregistration of deliverables during DM open is turned off.
- Fixed an issue where two identical plates did not receive the same name and part mark when the orientation of one of them was changed.
- Fixed an issue where identical part marks were incorrectly assigned to different circular hollow section beams when the default "Minimum facets for the body approximation of a full circle" was set to 64.
- Fixed an issue where part numbers did not correspond to the drawing numbers when both capital and small letters are used for numbering prefixes.
- Fixed an issue where curved and straight profiles of the same section received different preliminary numbers.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when inserting bolt/anchor related tokens into the report contents of some BOM templates.
- Fixed an issue with the multiuser workflow during check-in and check-out of AS objects.
- Fixed an issue that occurred when updating ortho views in Plant 3D when the drawing is not open.
- Fixed an issue where the plate shortening was not taken into account in the IFC export.
- Fixed an issue where the old NC file was not removed when the NC file was renamed and recreated.
- Added plate thickness information inside the IFC Export files.
- Improved the IFC Export format to include the Shortening features on Plate elements.
- Fixed an issue where the NC file could not be created for a certain folded plate.
- Fixed an issue where the inner contours of a folded plate were incorrect in NC or DXF files.
- Fixed an issue where the shape of a folded plate in DXF was incorrect.
- Fixed an issue with T-shape sections that were exported with inversed profile height and width values in the IFC format.
- Added a default that allows the precision of the %Thickness token that appears in the NC file name to be modified.
- Fixed an issue where the material conversion dialog appeared incorrectly - mapping already existed in the database, when importing IFC files exported from Advance Steel and the elements were imported with no material assigned.
- Added the ability to disable the automatic opening in Navisworks once the export is complete.
- Fixed an issue where nodes were created repeatedly in the same place when synchronizing SMLX files.
- Improved stability and memory usage when synchronizing with SMLX files.
- Fixed an issue where beam sections incorrectly appeared as modified when synchronizing SMLX files exported from Robot.
- Fixed an issue where nodes incorrectly appeared as modified or got deleted when synchronizing SMLX files.
- Fixed an issue where the dimensions of a plate were incorrectly inversed in the header of an NC file.
- Fixed an issue where the layer assignment information was not added to the IFC export file.
- Fixed an issue in the "Export to CIS2" tooltip text that was referring to the IFC format instead of the CIS2 format.
- Fixed an issue where some beams were imported from IFC as rotated with 90 degrees.
- Fixed an issue where the material mapping dialog appeared every time for the same material when importing an IFC file and multiple identical lines were added into the GTCMapping database.
- Improved the way the plate width is shown in SFR exported files, in the Profile field from the Assembly_Parts_List file, when units from the source model are set to Architectural inches/feet.
- Fixed an issue where the analysis results were presented on the opposite node of the analytical member, when transferring a model from Revit to Advance Steel.
- Advance Steel 2023 .NET and COM API Changes
- Enabled camber properties for a straight beam for AS API users.
- Added new methods to Autodesk.AdvanceSteel.Geometry.Curve2d API
Curve2d^ Copy()(Video) ADVANCE STEEL: All you need to know to get started. PART 1.
Added new methods to Autodesk.AdvanceSteel.Geometry.Curve3d API
- Added new methods to Autodesk.AdvanceSteel.Geometry.Curve3d API and Autodesk.AdvanceSteel.Geometry.Curve2d API:
bool HasEndParam([Out] double% dParam);
bool HasStartParam([Out] double% dParam);(Video) Whats New in PowerPack for Advance Steel 2023 1
- Corrected Autodesk.AdvanceSteel.Geometry.Curve3d API method GetNormalAtPoint signature.
- Changed Ray2d,Ray3d,LineSeg2d,LineSeg3d base class to Line to have access to direction and start point properties.
- Fixed a small performance issue when addins created many ObjectId objects through API.
- Added the ability for the API users to manipulate the primary/secondary functionalities for Advance Steel connections.
- Provided the possibility to preserve all the properties of joint-created elements, in the import/export context, for API users.
- Exposed the ability to remove XData from an Advance Steel object to API.
- Improved the .NET API accessibility for connection parameters.
- Fixed an issue with decimal format inconsistencies in BOM lists generated with AS API and exported to Excel.
- Fixed an issue with missing user defined materials within the configuration of .NET joints.
- Fixed a case in the API where the joint filer data could not be queried for all information.
- Added API for OpeningObject and for AreaObject and included them for the LIST command.
- Improved the Advance Steel Object Enabler behavior to detect and not open DWG files saved with newer versions to prevent potential crashes in those scenarios.
- Fixed an incorrect calculation of the closest point on the beam line when calling AstBeam::getClosestPointToSysline when bFinite is true, for straight beams.
- Added extra diameter sizes for British Holding Down Bolts.
- Corrected several Metalcraft parts parameters from the Australian Purlin connection.
- Corrected the Australian Metalcraft MSS profile parameters according to the latest manufacturer values.
Added the ability for the API users to manipulate the primary/secondary functionalities for Advance Steel connections. Provided the possibility to preserve all the properties of joint-created elements, in the import/export context, for API users. Exposed the ability to remove XData from an Advance Steel object to API.What's new in advance steel 2024? ›
Improved the documentation with changes required for Visual Studio 2022. Fixed untranslated strings in the German BOM Templates. Fixed an issue where marked arrows were invisible when using the Fast Shaded mode. Fixed an issue where the page frame disappeared when the prototype was changed from the detail.What is new in Advance Steel? ›
Search queries in Camera selection – Building on the great functionality added in Advance Steel 2022 where users can select objects to show in a camera, Advance Steel 2023 now allows users to add objects to a camera view based on a search query.Which is better Tekla or Advance Steel? ›
Advance Steel is more powerful than Tekla Steel.What is numbering in Advance Steel? ›
Each object in Advance Steel has two part marks, a Single Part number and an Assembly Part number. The numbering will detect identical pieces and will assign the same piece mark to them. The numbering can be performed for both, single part and assembly, in one step by selecting the two check boxes.Is Advance Steel parametric? ›
Advance Steel improves accuracy and reduces time from design to fabrication with easy to use, comprehensive modeling tools for structural steel detailing. Leverage a robust selection of parametric structural elements with built-in intelligence. Customize automatic joints and model custom connections.What is the highest salary of Tekla? ›
Very High Confidence means the data is based on a large number of latest salaries. Senior Tekla Modeler salary in India ranges between ₹ 4.5 Lakhs to ₹ 12.3 Lakhs with an average annual salary of ₹ 7.0 Lakhs.What is the best steel for structural? ›
Carbon Steel. Carbon steel is a common choice for structural and other uses. In fact, it's by far the most commonly produced kind of steel in the United States. In addition to being high in strength and ductility (its ability to bend into different shapes without breaking), carbon steel is relatively easy to make.Which BIM software is best for rebar detailing? ›
Tekla is the most advanced BIM software for rebar detailing and reinforced concrete construction and management.What will steel prices do in 2023? ›
While steel prices are expected to go down further at the start of 2023, they could experience a rebound later in the year. According to the Steel Metal Update, steel and metal prices will soon hit rock bottom, which means that up is the only direction left to go.
After falling by 2.6% in 2022, steel demand is expected to increase by 7.4% in 2023 and by 6.0% in 2024.Are steel prices going up in 2023? ›
Industry observers also agreed that the higher prices we saw in late 2022 and early 2023 were mostly momentum-driven, based on certain contract dynamics or on steel consumers buying ahead of the next anticipated price hike.Will anything replace steel? ›
Both wood and FRP are beneficial as a steel alternative as they are not conductive. However, wood is rarely a viable steel alternative as it can warp or crack when subjected to higher temperatures, dryness, or excessive moisture.Is AutoCAD included in Advance Steel? ›
Advance Steel is a full AutoCAD vertical (one product including both AutoCAD core and Advance Steel functionalities).What system do you need for Advance Steel? ›
|System requirements for Autodesk Advance Steel 2022|
|Operating System||64-bit OS that follows Autodesk's Product Support Lifecycle policy.|
|Processor||Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor Recommended: 3+ GHz processor|
|Memory||Basic: 8 GB Recommended: 16 GB|
|Display Resolution||Basic: 1920 x 1080 (1080p) Recommended: 3840 x 2160 (4K)|
You can merge two or more Advance plates into one plate. They can overlap but a gap between plates is not allowed. On the Objects tab Plates panel, click (Merge plates). On the Objects tab Plates panel, click (Merge plates).What are the two major numbering systems used by the steel industry? ›
There are two main systems for numbering within the steel industry. First is the American Iron & Steel Institute (AISI) system, and there's also the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) system.What are the numbering systems for steel? ›
There are two major numbering systems used by the steel industry, the first developed by the AISI, and the second by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE). Both of these systems are based on four-digit code numbers when identifying the base carbon and alloy steels.How do you change the dimension style in Advance Steel? ›
Open Advance Steel Management Tools. Go to Defaults > Drawing – Dimensioning. Modify to include the newly created dimension style (if you wan to use the new dimension style as the default style). When finished, click on "Load settings in Advance" the the upper right side of the Management Tools window.What is MEP in AutoCAD? ›
The 2024 MEP toolset is included with AutoCAD. HVAC and building systems are made easy with an industry-specific toolset for MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) that increases productivity by up to 85%. * With the MEP toolset, you can: Access our library of 10,500+ intelligent MEP objects.
At the heart of Revit is a parametric change propagation engine that relied on a new technology, context-driven parametrics, that was more scalable than the variational and history-driven parametrics used in mechanical CAD software.Which is best Tekla or Revit? ›
Revit has 383 reviews and a rating of 4.61 / 5 stars vs Tekla Structures which has 33 reviews and a rating of 4.48 / 5 stars. Compare the similarities and differences between software options with real user reviews focused on features, ease of use, customer service, and value for money.How much does a Tekla steel detailer earn in USA? ›
The salary range for a Tekla Detailer job is from $25,044 to $37,020 per year in the United States.What is the strongest steel beam shape? ›
H-Beams. One of the strongest steel beams on the list, H-beams, is made up of horizontal elements, while the vertical beams act as the web. The flanges and web create a cross-section that mimics the shape of the letter “H” and are popular in construction or civil engineering projects.What is the strongest beam shape? ›
The arc (think: circle) is the strongest structural shape, and in nature, the sphere is the strongest 3-d shape. The reason being is that stress is distributed equally along the arc instead of concentrating at any one point.What is the best shape for a beam? ›
The most efficient shape for both directions in 2D is a box (a square shell); the most efficient shape for bending in any direction, however, is a cylindrical shell or tube. For unidirectional bending, the I or wide flange beam is superior.What is the code for rebar detailing? ›
IS:5525 -1969: Recommendation for detailing of reinforcement in reinforced concrete works.What is the best rebar available for most projects? ›
Stainless steel rebar is the most expensive reinforcing bar available, about eight times the price of epoxy-coated rebar. It is also the best rebar available for most projects.Can Revit do structural detailing? ›
Key capabilities of Revit for structural engineering
Create detailed reinforcement designs and shop drawing documentation with rebar bending schedules. Connect steel design and detailing workflows. Define design intent for a higher level of detail for steel connections in the Revit model.
What is Advance Steel used for? Autodesk Advance Steel is a 3D modeling software for steel detailing, fabrication, and construction. Use Advance Steel to connect design and fabrication when working in BIM to improve communication between steel engineers, designers, and detailers.
The Advance Steel Extension for Revit allows you to exchange BIM data from your models between Autodesk® Revit® and Autodesk® Advance Steel®. You can export, import and synchronize BIM data from your Autodesk® Revit® models for structural analysis and detailing in Autodesk® Advance Steel®.Does Advance Steel include AutoCAD? ›
Advance Steel is a full AutoCAD vertical (one product including both AutoCAD core and Advance Steel functionalities).What is the difference between Autodesk and Civil 3D? ›
What's the difference between AutoCAD and Civil 3D? AutoCAD is a generic CAD program whereas Civil 3D is a vertical program for Civil Engineering design built upon the AutoCAD platform.How do you draw grating in Advance Steel? ›
- Within Advance Steel, open "Management Tools" (Ribbon --> Home --> Settings Panel)
- Click "Preferred Sizes"
- Expand the "Grating" menu.
- Expand the "Standard grating class" and click "Standard grating"
- Click the newly created "class" within "Available Classes" and click "Add"
- In the Top-Left toolbar, click on Apply.